Printing problem

Discuss your Photography: Digital or Film. Post links to photos you would like to display.
Irabbit
Site Admin

Printing problem

Post by Irabbit » December 14th, 2015, 6:23 pm

When I try to print a picture that I downloaded, it looks great on the monitor even when I zoom in. meta-data shown in link below. Any thoughts on why the print would come out extremely blotchy even for a 4 X 6 print?
http://s393.photobucket.com/user/Harvey ... z.jpg.html

wd
Site Admin

Re: Printing problem

Post by wd » December 15th, 2015, 10:53 am

set printer resolution for photo and photo paper if u got it .....click print then when the printer info shows up look for a place to change quality

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » December 15th, 2015, 12:22 pm

I have used both my picture editing program and the windows picture viewer to do the prints. I always set the printer for photo printing and the proper size, high quality, photo glossy paper which is what I am using. I have never had an issue with anything like this before. Canon MG8220 with 6 color cartridges.

These pictures were taken professionally (Nikon 3000 entry level dSLR, but it should still provide good results) for my daughter and her husband. They purchased the license to print themselves or to have them printed. I print pictures all the time that I have taken with my pocket camera (Canon S100) and have never had anything that was not sharp and with excellent color. At one point I tried enlarging one of the photos and it gave lousy results the same as it was originally.

To make sure it is not my printer setup gone bad, I just printed 2 pictures that I took and both were excellent quality.

I am wondering if the card they are using has gone bad. They take a lot of pictures and at some point they will fail.

I went in to look at the web site and they are charging $11.99 for a 4 X 6 Glossy or 4 wallets for $11.99, among other offerings. I don't think I would have the stones to charge that amount and not be using professional equipment.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » December 15th, 2015, 12:27 pm

send me a copy when I get home I will take a look at it

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » December 15th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Thanks. I sent one of the ones I tried to print. I tried 1 or 2 others that have the same 300 ppi for the x & y axis. I was just trying to get a 4 X 6 although I would like to print at 5 X 7.

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » December 15th, 2015, 2:06 pm

I just tried using my photo editing program to re-size to 4 X 6 and it printed very good. I also re-sized another to 5 X 7 and it looks good in the print preview. I don't have any 5 X 7 paper so I did not do an actual print, but the preview is definitely showing what would be a very good output which it was not before. My guess is that I will have to re-size to get a good print from these which I have not had to do with my own pictures. I printed one of my pictures which is 9 X 6 @ 350 ppi and it printed at 4 X 6 with no problem. Not sure why I need to re-size before printing for these pictures.

Return to “Photography”