Computerwisetv Web Page

ComputerWiseTV show with our favorite Host George Roberts - at 7 PM Wednesdays on Blue Ridge Communications Channel 13. Service Electric Channel 2. This is the place to discuss the show, ask or answer questions on show topics
WCCobra
Site Admin

Re: Computerwisetv Web Page

Post by WCCobra » July 13th, 2012, 2:42 pm

looks like someone didn't pay the domain bill?

irrelevant
Site Admin

Post by irrelevant » July 13th, 2012, 5:19 pm

when I checked earlier, whois said it was good till 2017

Just checked now, works and resolves correctly from a prolog machine, not from verizon, nor from my office domains.

maybe it was renewed late or something, so expired long enough to propagate off of DNS and has maybe never left PTD? or if it's a local domain to ptd.

anyway, this sort of thing wouldn't happen if WD was in charge.. but I don't think it's anything related to malware.

neuwt

Post by neuwt » July 13th, 2012, 6:41 pm

No problemo here and I use Verizon DSL

n

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » July 13th, 2012, 7:04 pm

if it's DNS catching up ....oh well :)
he might go to a command prompt
and try using
ipconfig /flushdns

/flushdns
Removes all entries from the DNS name cache.

:)

George From Bayonne

Post by George From Bayonne » July 13th, 2012, 7:45 pm

I changed my bookmarks to the working ip address,until they fix it for us novices.I spent 2 hrs. trying to fix my settings.
Thank God for Stoli !
Anyway I screwed up something on the laptop,and now the wife can't get her facebook games to play at normal speed.........
( back to the bottle)

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » July 13th, 2012, 7:56 pm

what? :?:

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » July 14th, 2012, 9:23 am

I did the ipconfig /flushdns and mine still does not connect using firefox or ie. I can open using the ip address, but http://www.computerwisetv.com is still not resolving. 9:23 AM 07/14/2012

bigal

Post by bigal » July 14th, 2012, 9:28 am

I could get it yesterday morning when I read this thread. Today it will not load on either Firefox or IE. I'm on Prolog. It also loads for me using the IP address.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » July 14th, 2012, 10:00 am

Looks like DNS :) if i type the ip it works so the web server is up but the name is not resolving

lmhjcr

Post by lmhjcr » July 14th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Hello,
I had no problem accessing the computerwisetv.com webpage yesterday or this morning but now I keep getting the "this webpage is not available" webpage. I checked my computer when I first heard about the dns malware (using the FBI website) and I also checked it with the FBI website on Sunday as well and I am fine as far as that goes (and I am not having any issues with accessing any other websites.

After coming here to see if there was anything posted about the issue I did check the link in one of the other posts for using http://204.186.116.208/ to access the page and if I enter that I can get to the page without any problems but if I type in http://computerwisetv.com I get the "The server at www.computerwisetv.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network." message. Reloading the page does not work either. Nothing has changed on my pc between this morning when I was able to access the page and now (4 hours later).

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Return to “ComputerWise Show”