I really enjoy this show

ComputerWiseTV show with our favorite Host George Roberts - at 7 PM Wednesdays on Blue Ridge Communications Channel 13. Service Electric Channel 2. This is the place to discuss the show, ask or answer questions on show topics
puterluver

I really enjoy this show

Post by puterluver » December 3rd, 2013, 7:15 pm

It has been a great help on lots of computer issues. I always have to watch it on Channel 13.

I now have a modern TV and when I try to get it to go to 113, it automatically changes it to standard 13. Is there something else I have to do?

Irabbit
Site Admin

Re: I really enjoy this show

Post by Irabbit » December 3rd, 2013, 10:35 pm

Are you subscribed to the HD channels? For my area the HD version is on 613. For me, 113 is Viacast TV, not sure what this is since I have never watched it.

Depending on where you are the channel selection could be different from what I have. I have no idea why your channel selection would change unless that channel is not availalbe to your situation.

puterluver

Post by puterluver » December 4th, 2013, 10:48 am

I have many other channels higher, like 412-, and 613- (I do not remember all the dashed numbers).

I will still try to find out where it is.

Thank you.

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » December 4th, 2013, 11:30 am

One thing I had forgotten about and I don't know if it applies to you, some remotes have a key "100". In order to get the channels above 99 you would press the 100 key and then 13 to get 113. If that is the case with your remote it might explain why the cannel is reverting to 13 if you key in "113" instead of hitting the 100 key and then 13. Other than that I don't have a clue why your TV would revert back to the lower channel. I am not sure what would be required for channels above 199 in that case. If your remote is one that came with your cable box it should work normally by keying in 113.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » December 4th, 2013, 11:40 am

if your cable box is older you need to get it swapped out to handle the digital signal correctly to

Return to “ComputerWise Show”