Spam Email

Let's discuss your opinions, suggestions, ideas, etc. related to software and technology.
wd
Site Admin

Re: Spam Email

Post by wd » June 14th, 2016, 1:02 pm

you have and older SonicWALL with no subscription active so that feature is not available to you and based on when you got that it is probably a retired device as far as the amount of services available wasn't it like a tz100 or something ?

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » June 14th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Yes. It is an old one. However, I did find out why the filters are not working on the "From" field in those messages. The "From" field is empty- nada, nothing in the "from" field at all. My mailwasher recycle bin displays the fields of deleted emails and that email has no entry in the "From" field. Mailwasher does highlight it as spam based on content but it does not auto delete since it has nothing to detect other than message content and I do not want it to auto delete on "possible" spam. Some stuff I want "looks" like spam but isn't, at least for me.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » June 14th, 2016, 1:19 pm

your beating a dead horse ....its ptd's lack of tools

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » June 14th, 2016, 8:50 pm

I am sure you are right. It would be nice to be able to detect a blank "From" field though. I can deal with these with my Mailwasher but I just wish I could get rid of them before they even come to me.

wd
Site Admin

Post by wd » June 16th, 2016, 9:30 am

you can use do that use something other than PTD lol

Irabbit
Site Admin

Post by Irabbit » June 16th, 2016, 10:20 am

I do have 3 other mail accounts. So far, I have only come across 2 "From" fields that would not allow filtering and have not received any more of those emails. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to be used but a few times and then they stop. You would think all the spammers would want to use that technique all the time. I can catch them with my on board Mailwasher program anyway.

Return to “Tech Talk”